We are currently looking for a driven Associate Director that is passionate about science driven communications to join our growing PR team. Within this role you will have an instant impact. You will manage a team of highly performing individuals, and will be an integral part of the Senior Management Team.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Line management of a member of the PR stream
- Strategic lead of up to two client accounts, and responsibility for existing client relationships within these accounts
- Leading by example in terms of accountability and service deliver excellence
- Establishing and maintaining relationships of trust with clients
- Managing accounts to a high standard of service, on time, on strategy and on budget
- Leading new business pitches
- Planning, managing and monitoring workflow and budgets
- Optimizing resources by using the expertise of those in the AVENIR GLOBAL network
- Participating in the recruitment of new team members
- Delivering training for new recruits
- A place on the PR Senior Management Team (SMT), contributing to the running and management of the PR Stream
In addition to your responsibilities of managing clients and a team, at AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or CSR electives, attending networking events, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant account handling experience in a healthcare PR setting
- Excellent team and client management experience
- Confidence in presenting and pitching
- Negotiation skills
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality control
- Sound operational and financial management skills
- A drive to develop, as an individual, and within a team
- Strong scientific knowledge, educated to a minimum degree level (life Science and advantage)
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Does this speak to your interests or expertise? At AXON we are always keen to hear from passionate, bright individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative London-based team (one of the UK’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in 2018).
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with our HR team via [email protected] to find out more.