We are looking for a Senior Events Account Manager to join our medical communications team to manage and deliver external events on behalf of our healthcare clients. Working in an events team, you will be reasonable for planning and delivery of industry events and congress, based both within the UK, as well as internationally. You will be responsible for all elements of the events, including developing budgets, sourcing venues, organising travel, speaker logistics, financial management, smooth delivery on-site and compiling post-event audit and compliance documentation. Through strong partnerships with our internal account management teams, as well as external suppliers, you will deliver on strategic priorities through one of the most high-profile collaborations with our clients.
Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- Experience working in pharmaceutical events
- Strong project management experience
- High level of attention to detail to ensure quality client delivery
- Excellent communication skills to liaise with our clients and internal teams
- Ability and desire to negotiate with external stakeholders and suppliers
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as flexibility to adapt and multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work within a deadline-oriented framework
- Experience with financial management of projects
- Desire to travel and be on-site for events
As well as the day-to-day management of accounts, you will have the opportunity to be involved in business development, working on proposals and contributing to identifying areas of growth. At AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work, whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or CSR Electives, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest. We have a keen focus on training and development and offer a variety of training opportunities, both internally and externally that can be tailored to your career development.
Who we are
At AXON, we simplify complex information to improve outcomes in healthcare, bringing together the right people with the right expertise to provide our clients with integrated, multichannel communications solutions. As an agency, we are passionate about healthcare communications and combine a personal touch with professionalism. Our expertise includes medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access communications/consultancy for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, animal health and functional food companies. AXON has an international reach, with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Toronto, Copenhagen and Zug, and a worldwide affiliate network. Established in 2002, AXON is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
• Income Protection insurance
• Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
• Travel insurance (for you and your family)
• An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
• Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Does this speak to your interests or expertise? At AXON we are always keen to hear from passionate, bright individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative team. AXON is ranked among the top UK Best Workplaces (medium-sized category) by Great Place to Work® UK and is the highest ranked healthcare communications agency in this category.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with our HR team via email@example.com to find out more.