At AXON Communications we are looking to add to our Editorial team with the addition of a proactive, dedicated and detail-oriented Medical Writer. You will have the opportunity to build up your experience gradually with our structured Medical Writing career path. In this role, you will be given the opportunity to expand your mentoring skills by assisting in the review of junior team members’ work, as well as starting to receive training in line management. The successful candidate could be based in London, Brighton or Copenhagen; each of these offices has senior writers who can support your development with AXON.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- The creation of a wide range of documents with minimal support
- Reviewing and providing constructive feedback on others’ written work
- Presentation and basic facilitation
- Identifying and capitalising on business opportunities
- Establishing strong relationships with clients and opinion leaders
- Analysing client needs and managing expectations
- Adhering to budgets
In addition to your responsibilities of creating documents, reviewing projects and forming client relationships at AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or corporate social responsibilities (CSR) Electives, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant writing experience spent in a medical communications/pharmaceutical environment
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality control skills
- Broad knowledge of therapy areas (preferably in diabetes and/or oncology)
- Ability to successfully manage client relationships
- A team focused mind-set
- A drive to develop, as an individual, and within a team
- Strong scientific background, educated to a minimum degree level in life sciences (MSc/PhD advantageous)
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
Who we are
At AXON, we simplify complex information to improve outcomes in healthcare, bringing together the right people with the right expertise to provide our clients with integrated, multichannel communications solutions. As an agency, we are passionate about healthcare communications and combine a personal touch with professionalism. Our expertise includes medical communications, public relations, clinical trial services and market access communications/consultancy for pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, animal health and functional food companies. AXON has an international reach, with offices in London, Brighton, New York, Toronto, Copenhagen and Zug, and a worldwide affiliate network. Established in 2002, AXON is an AVENIR GLOBAL company.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Does this speak to your interests or expertise? At AXON we are always keen to hear from passionate individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative London-based team (one of the UK’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in 2020).
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with our HR team via firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.