We are looking for an accomplished Principal Medical Writer to join our established and dedicated team. Based in London, Brighton or Copenhagen, you will take on the responsibility of editorial lead on particular projects, as well as having the chance to provide strategic input and be involved in business development. A rewarding part of this role is the guidance and support you can provide to more junior writers, and the Medical Communications team as a whole.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- The creation of a wide range of documents
- Line management of internal team, as well as management of freelancers’ workload
- Mentoring and coaching other writers and monitoring long-term career development
- Review of freelancers’ work
- Successfully managing client relationships
- Providing effective counsel to clients
- Identifying and capitalizing on business opportunities
- Building account teams using a ‘best team’ approach
- Leading formal client meetings
In addition to your responsibilities of originating documents, reviewing projects and managing client relationships, at AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. That might be involvement in our social, marketing or corporate social responsibility (CSR) Electives, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development; as a rough guide, we suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning in a year. Whether by online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality control skills
- Extensive relevant writing experience spent in a medical communications environment
- Expertise in one or more therapy area (preferably diabetes and/or oncology)
- Excellent writing, presentation and creative skills
- Experience of reviewing at a senior level
- Proven ability to form client relationships
- Ability to be a role model for aspiring writers
- Strong scientific background, educated to a minimum degree level in life sciences (MSc/PhD advantageous)
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Does this speak to your interests or expertise? At AXON we are always keen to hear from passionate, bright individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative London-based team (one of the UK’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in 2018).
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with our HR team via [email protected] to find out more.