We are looking for an experienced, pro-active and innovative (senior) Program Director.
Within this role you will hold senior account management, in addition to the management of team members. You will provide clients with effective counsel, be responsible for challenging briefs, managing crises and ensuring quality control throughout the processes and recommending innovative and strategic solutions. Within this role you will be an advocate for AXON and increase business development opportunities.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Planning and management of multiple accounts, including work plan, issue resolution and scope change
- Quality assurance of projects
- Setting and managing budgets
- Client liaison
- Ensuring accounts’ profitability
- Guidance and support of junior team members
- Managing multiple account priorities with essential business responsibilities
- Management, mentoring and monitoring the long-term career development of staff
- Participation in recruitment activities
- Identifying and capitalizing on business opportunities
- Collaborating with all offices across the AVENIR GLOBAL network
As well as the day-to-day management of accounts you will have the opportunity to be involved in business development, working on proposals and identifying areas of growth.
At AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work, whether that is being involved in our social, marketing or CSR Electives, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in. We have a keen focus on training and development and offer a variety of training opportunities, both internally and externally that can be tailored to your career development.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant experience spent in a Medical Communications agency environment
- Excellent writing and creative thinking skills
- Excellent meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and new business initiative
- Impeccable attention to detail
- A team focused mind-set
- Problem-solving attitude
- A drive to develop, as an individual, and within a team
- Passionate about science and healthcare, educated to a minimum degree level (life science being an advantage)
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Does this sound like the role for you? At AXON we are always keen to hear from passionate, bright individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative London-based team. AXON is ranked among the top UK Best Workplaces (medium-sized category) by Great Place to Work® UK and is the highest ranked healthcare communications agency in this category.
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with our HR team via [email protected] to find out more.