We have an exciting role in our London Healthcare team. You do not necessarily need to have agency experience (although this would be preferred), but you will need a basic understanding of the principles and practices of healthcare/brand communications. You will support the development and roll-out of innovative plans and creative tactics on behalf of AXON’s clients, working in a strong, collegiate and fun team environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist new business development by doing research, collecting information, creating competitor profiles and other appropriate duties as requested by the senior team
- Daily media monitoring on key client accounts across a number of therapeutic areas
- Conduct research to support client briefs
- Attend meetings/teleconferences as part of the consulting team and prepare meeting notes
- Manage supplier relationships for client
- Compile and manage databases and lists
- Handle ongoing administrative duties, including preparing documents and presentations, scanning/emailing, filing and photocopying
- Arrange and co‐ordinate meetings and handle associated logistics, resources and any refreshments as requested
- Have obtained a relevant degree (communications, pharmacology, science)
- An understanding or appreciation of healthcare from general reading
- A passion for media
- Proficiency in basic editorial and/or writing skills (copy editing, proofreading, document processing etc.) as assessed at interview using Healthcare writing and editing/proofreading test
- Some experience of organisational and logistical skills, e.g. event organising, running clubs or committees
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Strong organisational and time‐management skills
- Attention to detail and basic quality‐control skills
- Professional and mature attitude and demeanour
- Works with a sense of urgency and able to work under reasonable pressure
- Adaptable to different client situations and cultures
- Strong demonstrable computing skills with all the main programs used by the Company
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package for permanent members of staff includes:
- 25 days’ annual leave
- Discretionary bonus
- Employer pension contribution
- Private Medical Insurance
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance
- Travel insurance
Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
If you’re interested in hearing more, please email us, or if you’d like to apply, please send your latest CV and a covering letter to [email protected]
Please answer these questions in your cover letter:
- Why would you like to work in healthcare communications?
- Please tell us about a recent health related story in the media and what you found interesting about it.
- This role requires administration experience. Please tell us about your top three admin strengths. For example, details of your experience using Excel, Outlook and Word.