We are looking to expand our Editorial team with the addition of a passionate, dedicated and detail-oriented Senior Medical Writer. Your role will be truly varied, giving you the opportunity to expand your experience further than just the hands-on writing of publications or slide decks. Given our collaborative multi-office approach, the successful candidate could be based in either London, Brighton or Copenhagen.
Your responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- The creation of a wide range of documents
- Review of junior team members work for style, strategy, content accuracy and data checking
- Line management of junior writers
- Successfully managing client relationships
- Providing effective counsel to clients
- Identifying and capitalizing on business opportunities
- Leading formal client meetings
- Mentoring, coaching and monitoring the long-term career development of staff
In addition to your responsibilities of creating documents, reviewing projects and managing client relationships at AXON we actively encourage the team to be involved in activities outside of their day-to-day work. Whether that’s being involved in our social, marketing or corporate social responsibilities (CSR) Electives, or running training sessions on topics they have a personal interest in (some recent examples include mindfulness and nutrition). We have a keen focus on training and development and as a rough guide, suggest employees aim to complete 37.5 hours of learning a year. Whether that be through online learning, classroom training, or attending external events, that’s one week a year dedicated to your development.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relevant writing experience spent in a medical communications/pharmaceutical #environment
- Broad knowledge of therapy areas (preferably in diabetes and/or oncology)
- Senior review experience
- Flawless attention to detail and excellent quality control skills
- A team-focused mindset
- A drive to develop, as an individual, and within a team
- Strong scientific background, educated to a minimum degree level in life sciences (MSc/PhD advantageous)
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK by the start of their employment.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
Does this speak to your interests or expertise? At AXON we are always keen to hear from passionate, bright individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative London-based team (one of the UK’s Top 10 Best Workplaces in 2018).
If this sounds like you, please get in touch with our HR team via [email protected] to find out more.