Our U.K. team is currently looking for a Senior Systems Administrator, whose primary role will be to manage the network equipment as well as the hardware and software infrastructure of different corporate server applications. Under the supervision of the IT Director, you will also participate in the design, implementation and management of backup systems, Wi-Fi networks, IP Phone systems, on premise and cloud base storage system environments and VMWare virtual environments. You will be responsible for providing technical support services to the Firm’s staff across various locations. You will be based in London and there will be opportunity to travel to other EU locations as needed.
Role and responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Manage Cisco, Meraki firewalls
- Manage Cisco switches and gateways
- Manage Wi-Fi networks
- Manage Cisco IP Telephony
- Manage business storage system environments
- Manage backup solutions for the entire AVENIR GLOBAL network
- Test and deploy network updates
- Provide level 3 technical support services to all staff
- Implement and manage application servers from multiple vendors
- Provide technical training to other employees and ensure the transfer of knowledge within the IT team to guarantee that all systems and end users receive the appropriate support
- Create, implement and manage the tools and scripts needed to adequately support the Firm’s IT environment, be it internally-hosted or cloud-based
- Manage and report on assigned projects, tasks and support requests
Qualifications and experience
- University/College Diploma in Information Technology
- Advanced knowledge in networking infrastructure that includes multiple locations, including routing, switches, Wi-Fi, DNS, and DHCP
- Networking certifications, Cisco CCNA or CCNP
- Virtualization certifications, VMware VCP or VCAP
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to analyze complex situations and respond quickly to provide solutions and action plans to solve problems
- Experience in managing high-availability environments
- Interpersonal skills for effective interaction with managers and users
You are an energetic, dedicated worker who can offer innovative solutions. You are very strong technically and you have solid organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. You pay attention to detail and are used to working under pressure. You have a sense of urgency at work, as well as strong oral and written communications skills. You are comfortable in learning many new technologies in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
As well as the basic salary, great social events and a culture of continual learning, our competitive benefits package* includes:
- 25 days’ holiday (with the ability for it to rise to a maximum of 30 days alongside length of service)
- 5% employer pension contribution
- Private Medical insurance (for you and your family)
- Income Protection insurance
- Life Assurance service insurance at 4x your salary
- Travel insurance (for you and your family)
- An annual ‘wellness’ benefit of £150 after one year’s service.
- Paid sabbaticals after 5 years’ service.
*Benefits are contingent on successful completion of probation period.
How to Apply
Does this speak to your interests or expertise? At AVENIR GLOBAL, we are always keen to hear from passionate individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative team. If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume and a covering letter to [email protected].
Please note that the successful candidate must have permission to work in the U.K. by the start of their employment.